Okay friends to get started you have to have some very basic idea and awareness about generic terms, rules and ‘why n how’ of everything that is used in asp.net web development. Here I am explaining about some of them below that you need to know:
Flavors of ASP.NET
With a new flavor of ASP.NET 4 Microsoft again refining and enhancing ASP.NET. It has old functionality as well as News Dynamic features that give a pace to developers and to make their programming more productive.
• ASP.NET 1.0 :- This version created the core ASP.NET platform and introduced a collection of features.
• ASP.NET 1.1 :- This version only refined with bug fixes that increased the performance.
• ASP.NET 2.0 :- This version came with huge set of new features on top of the ASP.NET previous version.
• ASP.NET 3.0 :- This version was just for filling gaps of technologies, it doesn’t touch the core of asp.net but added new framework including Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), Windows Workflow Foundation (WWF) and Windows Communication Foundation (WCF).
• ASP.NET 3.5 :- This version kept the same basic engine as ASP.NET 2.0, but adds a few add-ons. The most significant enhancement is the ASP.NET AJAX toolkit, which gives web developers better tools for creating highly responsive web pages that imitate the desktop applications (such as drag-and-drop and auto complete, Modelpopup etc). Also respect to Database it added LINQ that gives a platform to play with database queries more concisely with Architectural support of MVC.
• ASP.NET 4.0 :- This version added Dynamic data, enhancement of MVC and much more on top of ASP.NET 3.5.
Request and Response
HTTP Request :- A user sends a path of a file also called URL(Uniform Resource Locator) like (http://TechToTrick.com/ Welcome.aspx ) that is store in somewhere on the web server on the internet via browser (User Agent) using Get Method, is called HTTP Request.
HTTP Response :- On the server side as name suggested, it receives request and then try to resolve the address and searches for that requested file on the server if requested file found then it returns that file to the user ,this process called HTTP Response. See picture below
Request and Response
IIS (Internet Information Server) :- Internet Information Server is one of the most powerful web servers Powered by Microsoft that is used to host and run ASP.NET web applications. IIS has its own ASP.NET Process to handle ASP.NET requests.
See picture below
IIS (Internet Information Server)